In My Mailbox #4: New Kindle Fire... and a story


Welcome to In My Mailbox (IMM)IMM is a weekly meme created by Kristi @ The Story Siren which features books bought/received in the mail, borrowed from the library as well as other awesome book-related goodies in your mailbox.


Free Kindle ebook of the week: STOLEN by Keren Hughes — one girl's mission to free her parents' stolen souls.


Also, I won a bunch of signed swag and an ebook of my choice up to $5 from The Passionate Bookworms' Facebook giveaway! The ebook I chose was I AM FOREVER, the sequel to WHAT KILLS ME by Wynne Channing (my review here). Am eagerly awaiting the swag (:


Thank you, Michelle! *dances around*

Michelle runs The Passionate Bookworms with her co-blogger, Brittany, and they're holding TWO giveaways to celebrate 1,000 likes on their Facebook page! Remember to like and enter ;)



Now... for my new Kindle Fire!

Yay!!
Actually, before we get to that, I just wanna share a little story on how I got my first Kindle Fire.

The Rathausplatz. I'm still Vienna-sick even to this day.
In December 2009, I went on a trip to Bratislava, Slovakia and Vienna, Austria with my school choir. gorgeous. So much music and architecture. The best thing was that we could break into song randomly on the streets and people wouldn't look at us as if we were nutcases.
We were part of the IV International Festival of Advent and Christmas Music – a choral competition in Bratislava. After the competition (we got gold), we toured Vienna and let me tell you, it was

After I got back, I was having major withdrawals. I stayed updated with Vienna through the Vienna Tourism Facebook page and the newsletter of the official WienTourismus website, www.wien.info.

Towards the end of 2011, Wien.info announced that they were nominated for that year's .INFO Awards and needed its fans to vote for their official site. I went to vote and didn't think much of it, until I received an email in December that same year saying I'd won a Kindle Fire. I thought it was spam and almost deleted the email until I went back to the .INFO website and saw, right at the bottom of the page, that five voters would be randomly selected to win Kindle Fires. It made my Christmas that year and my love for the city of music has stayed strong even till today.

So that's how I got my first Kindle Fire! It has a lot of sentimental value to me. It's a first generation one because Amazon had just rolled it out that year (I think) and it was all the rage.

Anyway, early February this year saw my Kindle going all spazzy on me. The touchscreen just went all nuts and completely unusable... I had no choice but to, well, like Elsa said in Frozen, let it go. *laughs lamely* Reading then became really inconvenient for me because I didn't like sitting at the computer all day, and the Kindle Reading app for iOS is only available in the U.S. iTunes store.

My dad agreed to get me a new Kindle for my birthday, though! I wanted a Paperwhite, but he was adamant that I get to surf the web with the tablet, so I finally ordered a Kindle Fire 2nd gen (I figured I didn't need HD because I can't get apps outside the U.S. anyway) and it arrived last Saturday on the 15th!

The Amazon packaging box is now black! So cool. Thank you, daddy <3
And for good measure, BOTH Kindles. I can't even slide open the lock screen for the old one; it's that unresponsive. Oh well. 

Old Kindle on the left, new Kindle on the right.

So that's it for IMM this week! What bookish goodies have you received? Leave a comment with your link and I'll get my fins flippin' over to your blog ;)






4 comments:

  1. Yay to Kindle! The display looks good from the picture. Enjoy your new Kindle Fire! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, your new Kindle looks fantastic! And great blog! Just found you from Teen Blogger Group, and we live just an island away! (Or something like that :D)

    Anyway, nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Neysa! Thanks for swimming over (: Your blog is just as great, and it's fin-tastic to meet you, too!

      Delete

Merci pour ton commentaire! If you have asked a question, do check back for a reply - I'll try my best to answer.

 

Instagram

Grab My Button

Mermaid With A Book